2009/01/26

Keeping the family warm

The weather's been great for wearing handknits. Last weekend we went skating, and for the first time ever, I decided to wear my Norwegian Stockings. They are too thick to wear with boots, but just perfect with skates, and they kept my feet nice and warm. And stylish too, which is important especially when your skating skills leave a little something to be desired.

Norwegian Stockings

Onni skated too – obviously we both need some more practice. :-)

Onni on ice

I've been on a smaller knits kick lately. I've knit a neckwarmer for mom (because she liked mine):

Wham bam for mom

Wham Bam Thank You Lamb
by Insaknitty
Pattern source: Insaknitty (Ravelry link)
Yarn: two strands of Rowan All Seasons Cotton and one strand of Lopo Xavier Phoebus held together
Needles: 7 mm

Little socks for my goddaughter:

Kaffe Fassett socks

Kaffe Fassett Socks
Pattern: 52 sts
Yarn: Schachenmayr nomotta Regia Design Line Kaffe Fassett, 1 x 50 g
Needles: 2,5 mm

And a hat for my sister:

Simple Pleasures Hat

Simple Pleasures Hat
by Whit's Knits
Pattern source: The Purl Bee
Yarn: Classic Elite Yarns Lush, 1,5 x 50 g
Needles: 4,5 and 5 mm
Modifications: cast on 86 sts

Hopefully these little knits keep my loved ones warm!